This month marks the 20th anniversary of the implementation of the North American Free Trade Agreement. Further changes have been proposed to the NAFTA rules of origin, which may affect US imports and exports. The online workshop, NAFTA at 20: New Rules and Opportunities, will provide you with the information and tools necessary to take advantage of the North American market while avoiding costly mistakes.
The online workshop helps to reduce costs associated with non-compliance by providing information upfront about the rules of the North American Free Trade Agreement that you must comply with and that give North American businesses a competitive advantage in the Canadian, U.S., and Mexican markets.
Why this workshop?
1. Focus on interaction – Unlike webinars where participants merely listen and are given a brief time to ask questions at the end, this workshop is organized so that participants get the information that they need while also being able to interact with each other and the facilitator throughout. Interactive activities are included so that participants can receive immediate feedback and guidance.
2. Results-oriented – The structure of this workshop goes beyond merely providing information toward ensuring that participants can actually use the information. Therefore, participants will be able to apply the knowledge and skills from this workshop to their actual businesses.
3. Action-based Material – The material provided during the online workshop will include follow-up activities, a step-by-step guide and resources so that participants can continue to move forward afterward.
4. Keep it Simple – The workshop presents complex, technical information pertaining to international trade in a simplified format so that you will see how the rules of NAFTA apply to you business.
Following this workshop, you will be able to:
1. Know what the rules of origin are to comply with NAFTA rules;
2. Understand the rules of origin to benefit from the special access offered by NAFTA;
3. Know the types of documents that are needed to export to the North American market and ensure compliance with NAFTA; and
4. Apply the rules to your specific business.
Facilitator: Sarita D. Jackson, Ph.D., President and CEO, Global Research Institute of International Trade
Dr. Jackson has conducted research on trade agreements and negotiations for over 10 years. Her work has been published in top scholarly journals both nationally and internationally. She also worked as a trade policy consultant on a number of U.S. federally funded projects advising foreign governments and small businesses associations in the Eastern Caribbean and Southern African regions.
Her approach to this online workshop is based on her years of experience developing programs, courses, and policy proposals for universities, governments and business associations in English and Spanish. She remains client-focused, establishes measurable outcomes, and sets achievable results.
Date: March 14, 2014
Location: online (Details will be forwarded to those who have registered.)
Length: 90 minutes (45 min. = presentation; 10 min. = interactive; 35 min. = Q&A)
Materials: workbook, power point slides, audio recording (3-for-1 deal)
Registration: Click here
What are people saying? Below are a few testimonials from recent seminars
“I had the pleasure of listening to Ms. Jackson’s presentation. She is very knowledgeable in the field. U.S. businesses can immediately benefit from all the information presented here.” Diana da Costa, founder of the International Trade Professionals of Los Angeles
“I thoroughly enjoyed Dr. Jackson’s presentation, and it is clear from her depth and breadth of knowledge that she is an expert in her field. I highly recommend her seminars and consulting services to business owners who recognize that there are lucrative opportunities for American businesses exporting abroad, and want to learn how to take advantage of the opportunities that best suit their capabilities and target goals.” Jennifer Grady, owner of The Grady Law Firm, P.C. and founder/president of the Women Entrepreneurs Club of Los Angeles
“I truly enjoyed the seminar. It was a tremendous presentation. It gave me the opportunity at least to know the extent of what a business owner would have to do in order to go global. I really enjoyed it and hope to attend another one.” Chris Jones, President/Owner, Jones and Martinez Architects, Inc.